Service Certificate – STACKIT MariaDB
High level service description
The STACKIT MariaDB Service (“MariaDB”) provides fully managed instances of the relational open source database management system (DBMS) MariaDB. Customers can provision instances of MariaDB in various sizes and use them in applications. MariaDB instances are deployed on dedicated virtual machines to ensure isolation and high performance. The customer can choose between cluster plans, which provide resilient operation with low downtime for use in production environments, and single instances, which are not recommended for use in production environments. The customer can meet increasing demand through in-place upgrades to larger instances (service plans). Smoke tests, service guards and the option of automated backups via Backup Manager ensure the secure operation of MariaDB’s Service Instances as well as the stored data.
- On-Demand Provisioning: Easy and fast provisioning of new Service Instances of different sizes
- Service Instance Insulation: Deployment on dedicated virtual machines (Bad Neighborhood Protection)
- Easy Capacity Upgrades via Service Plan Upgrades
- High Availability: Possibility of using clusters for increased resilience and fail-safety
- Logging and Monitoring: Communication of logging and monitoring information to defined end points
- Backup: Automatic creation and restoration of backups over a period of up to 14 days
|Plan||Small Single Instance||Medium Single Instance||Small Cluster||Medium Cluster||Big Cluster||Extra Large Cluster|
|High availability / Productive operation Number of nodes||no 1||no 1||yes 3||yes 3||yes 3||yes 3|
|vCPUs per node||2||2||2||2||4||4|
|RAM (GB) per node||4||8||4||8||16||16|
A subsequent downgrade of the service plan initially selected by the customer within the same instance is not possible.
- Billing per hour or part thereof per commissioned MariaDB instance
- A booked instance of MariaDB is considered available if it can be accessed at the service delivery point.
- The provisions of the STACKIT Cloud general service description apply to the availability of MariaDB instances.
- To achieve the highest possible availability of MariaDB (for example, for use in production environments), the use of clusters (3 nodes) is strongly recommended.
- When using MariaDB with Single Instance Service Plans, a (temporary) unavailability of MariaDB may occur, especially during maintenance work (e.g. updates) which STACKIT performs on the underlying platform as well as on the selected Service Plans. Maintenance work is considered an excluded event within the meaning of Section 2.4 of the STACKIT Cloud service description and is thus not considered as downtime in the context of availability. The use of MariaDB with Single Instance Service Plans in production environments is strongly discouraged.
- Incorrect use of the STACKIT Cloud Portal by the customer with regard to the settings made in self-service and a resulting unavailability of MariaDB will not be taken into account with regard to the actually achieved availability of MariaDB. The customer is advised that the instance and the associated data may be lost if MariaDB is set up and used incorrectly.
- Instances of MariaDB are backed up automatically according to a schedule specified by STACKIT in line with the STACKIT Cloud general service description. This schedule cannot be changed by the customer. However, customers have the ability to create manual backups through the service dashboard and to restore automatic and manual backups.
- Creating manual backups as well as restoring backups of MariaDB instances is the responsibility of the customer.
- Service plans marked with “no-ssl” do not use transport encryption with TLS/SSL.