STACKIT Block Storage
Flexible and high-performance virtual hard disk storage
STACKIT Block Storage provides robust, scalable, and high-performance storage systems for use with STACKIT Compute Engine (virtual machines). Needs can be individually met through different performance classes and multiple availability zones.
Custom volumes are created and managed as a self-service using a management UI. STACKIT Block Storage can be used in different forms – from cost-effective occasional storage, through high-performance, high-availability storage with automated mirroring, to multiple availability zones.
With STACKIT Block Storage, the following use cases can be realized, among others:
Use of root volumes
Use (custom) operating systems as the basis of STACKIT VM with root volumes.
Use of separate data disks
By separating different data volumes, increase the data structure and maximize read/write cycles.
Flexible reactions to requirements
Expand existing data volumes at any time and supplement with new volumes for situational storage or performance needs.
- Quickly and easily create root or data volumes using the self-service user interface in the STACKIT Portal.
- With STACKIT Block Storage, storage can be intuitively and easily combined for use with virtual machines.
- Both root and data volumes can be used with different performance classes and in custom sizes.
- Volumes can be used in cost-effective single availability zones, or in high-availability metro environments.
- The storage systems are high-performance, thanks to modern and highly efficient SSD hard disks.
- You have high levels of system and data availability.
- STACKIT Block Storage is a logical and physically separate solution, independent from STACKIT Backup and Object Storage. This allows you to have highly flexible operating system, backup, and application data available on different storage systems. And you only pay for what you need (pay-as-you-go).
Do you still have specific questions about the product or would you like to test it? For further information and advice from our competent team of experts, please do not hesitate to contact us.