STACKIT Backup Storage
Storage for important data
STACKIT Backup Storage enables you to securely store backup data so that they can be recovered as and when required. The data are stored in a high-availability storage system that automatically reflects it into an additional availability zone. The two different availability zones mean that even particularly high requirements for backup availabilities are covered.
With STACKIT Backup Storage, the following use cases can be realized, among others:
Storage of sensitive data
Store existing data quickly and without complications on the basis of volumes, and thereby increase the data availability for important and sensitive data.
Coverage of high security requirements
Maximize data availability and enjoy high-level security with professional backup systems with data mirroring included.
Generation of situational (in-place) restore of backups
You can promptly gain access to backup data without complications in the event of failures at any time thanks to self-service restore.
- Full backups can be used for complete storage of volumes (STACKIT Block Storage) and for fast data recovery.
- Full backups can be expanded so you can create and use incremental backups for greater cost and performance efficiency.
- Fast recovery of volume backups is possible both on separate volumes and as a replacement.
- Backups on separate storage systems very effectively increase the availability of your system data.
- Using STACKIT Backup Storage, you can create volume backups (e.g. VM storage) on separate, high-availability backup storage systems, increasing the overall availability of the data as needed.
- You can create a backup e.g. via STACKIT IaaS API, automatically, then have it available separately, and delete it. Automation considerably and sustainably reduces your operational expenses.
- STACKIT Backup Storage is a logical and physically separate solution, independent from STACKIT Block and Object Storage. This allows you to have operating system, backup, and application data flexibly available on different storage systems and only pay for what you need.
Do you still have specific questions about the product or would you like to test it? For further information and advice from our competent team of experts, please do not hesitate to contact us.