Service Certificate – STACKIT Object Storage
STACKIT Object Storage
High level service description
The STACKIT Object Storage Service (“Object Storage”) provides customers with a means of object-based data storage using an S3-compatible protocol. Object Storage supports scalable data storage for various use cases such as websites, mobile applications, backup and recovery, archiving, and IoT. Object Storage is provided to customers in the form of storage units (buckets). These buckets can be deployed, used, scaled, and deleted separately from each other. Data are stored redundantly across multiple Availability Zones.
- Easy and secure access: Access control for buckets as well as access via encrypted HTTPS connection
- Scalable object-based data storage to support multiple use cases
- Demand-based creation of new buckets for storing data
- Flexible storage and deletion of files in the storage environment
- High availability through redundancy: Data storage across multiple Availability Zones
- Billing per hour or part thereof per gigabyte or part thereof
- Availability is defined as the percentage of time the system remains operational and data in the system can be accessed. This does not include customer configurations or other customer-related properties for unavailability.
- Die Durability ist definiert als der prozentuale Anteil der Zeit, in der das System korrekt funktioniert und die Integrität der darin gespeicherten Daten bewahrt wird. Die Durability wird anhand der Wahrscheinlichkeit eines Datenverlusts berechnet, d. h. eines Fehlerereignisses im System, das zu einer Beschädigung der Daten oder einem dauerhaften Verlust des Datenzugriffs führen kann.
- The durability of the Object Storage is 99.999999999% on a calendar month average.
- Backup and restoring of the object storage are the responsibility of the customer and are not included in the service
- The creation and recovery of backups are the responsibility of the customer
- The customer is responsible for the settings on their bucket (especially the setting and granting of access rights)