Service Certificate – STACKIT Public IP address (Floating/Router IP)
STACKIT Public IP address:
- Floating IP
- Router IP
High level service description
The STACKIT Public IP address (“Public IP address”) allows customers to connect from or to their Virtual Machine(s) (“VM”) operated via the STACKIT Cloud over the Internet. The Public IP address can be subsequently added to or removed from a VM already created by the customer. The Public IP address is translated to an internal IP address via network address translation (NAT) (“Floating IP address”).
In addition, there is the option to also assign public IPs to routers to allow customer-created VMs to access the Internet using Source Network Address Translation (SNAT). The prerequisite for this is that a (different) VM on the same router already has a public IP address (“Router IP address”).
- Access to customer-created VMs from the Internet using a Public IP address (Floating IP address feature)
- Access of VMs to the Internet (Router IP address feature)
- The router IP is automatically allocated when the first VM is created in an Internet project
- Billing per reserved or assigned public IP address.
- The protection of the instances created by the customer against access from or to the Internet is the responsibility of the customer (e.g. by using the Security Groups, (local) firewalls, system hardening, etc.).
- The customer is responsible for avoiding negative reputation of the STACKIT public IPs.
- STACKIT cannot assume any responsibility for the reputation of public IP addresses on the Internet and cannot influence them.