Service Certificate – STACKIT Cloud Foundry
STACKIT Cloud Foundry
High level service description
STACKIT Cloud Foundry („Cloud Foundry“) provides the customer with a runtime environment facilitating simple and fast development, testing, deployment and operation of Cloud-native applications. Cloud Foundry assumes management of the underlying infrastructure (Security, Patches, Backup, Release Management), offers a predefined approach to development and supports the Lifecycle management of Cloud-ready applications. Therefore customers can focus on the development of the applications (Business Logic). The development is supported in different programming languages and frameworks with the help of System Buildpacks. Available System Buildpacks: Staticfile, Java, Ruby, .NET Core, nodeJS, Go, Python, PHP, Binary, nginx. Additional languages and frameworks can be integrated as needed using externally available Community or Custom Buildpacks (Bring Your Own Language). The Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (CLI) as well as the UI Console (Stratos) are provided to interact with the Cloud Foundry. Other STACKIT Services (for example Databases, Messaging, Caching, Logging) can be instantiated, integrated and used via the Cloud Foundry Marketplace.
- Support of the structured development and operation of native Cloud applications.
- Polyglot: Support of different programming languages using the Buildpack concept (System, Community-Buildpacks and Bring Your Own Language).
- Focus on Business Logic for application development: Abstraction and management of the underlying infrastructure (Out of the box Security, Backup, Release and Patch-Management for the underlying levels), Lifecycle Management for deployed applications.
- Standardized approach: Service binding and consumption via CF marketplace.
- Simple deployment, thanks to Buildpack and Docker support.
- Elasticity: Simple scaling of applications by means of Autoscaler using metrics defined by customers.
- Billing independent of the selected customer quota per hour commenced of the memory used by application instances on the Cloud Foundry per Megabyte RAM started.
- Other STACKIT Services (for example Databases, Messaging, Caching, Logging) which are instantiated, included and used as standard by customers via the Cloud Foundry Marketplace are billed separately according to the respective service certificate from STACKIT Services.
- Cloud Foundry is available when it is possible to access the applications provided by customers via the route assigned by the Cloud Foundry.
- The scaling of applications provided by customers to more than one instance is required to guarantee the availability of Cloud Foundry as defined in the general service description (for example for use in productive environments.
- Incorrect use of the STACKIT Cloud Portal and the Cloud Foundry API by the customer with regard to the settings made in self-service and a resulting non-availability of the Cloud Foundry is not considered with regard to the actual attained availability of the Cloud Foundry. It is pointed out to the customer that in the case of incorrect setting and use of the Cloud Foundry, the applications in the affected organizations may be deactivated.
- The use and maintenance of Community Buildpacks and Custom Buildpacks is the responsibility of the customer. In particular the customer should ensure that they own the required rights of use to the Community and Custom Buildpacks they use. Community Buildpacks and Custom Buildpacks used by the customer are not the subject of the service.
- The performance of backups on data processed in the application instances is the customer’s responsibility.
- The following conditions also apply to the use of Cloud Foundry: