Service Certificate – STACKIT LogMe
High level service description
The STACKIT LogMe Service („LogMe“) provides fully managed instances of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana Stacks (ELK-Stack). Both service and application logs can be searched and visualized on a scalable level using LogMe. Customers can commission LogMe instances in different sizes and use them in their applications. The LogMe instances are provided on dedicated virtual machines to ensure isolation and a high performance level. The customer can select between cluster plans that offer resilient operation with low downtime levels for use in productive environments and single instances which are not recommended for use in productive environments. The customer can meet increasing demand by using upgrades to larger instances (service plans). Smoke Tests, Service Guards and automated backups using Backup Manager guarantee secure operation of LogMe instances as well as saved data.
- Scalable searching and visualization of applications or Service-Logs using the ELK-Stack
- On demand commissioning: Simple and rapid provision of new service instances of different sizes
- Service instance isolation: Provision of dedicated virtual machines (Bad Neighborhood Protection)
- Simple capacity upgrades using Service Plan Upgrades
- High availability: Option to use clusters for increased resilience and reliability
- Logging and Monitoring: Communication of logging and monitoring information to defined end points
- Backup: Automatic creation and recovery of backups over a period of up to 14 days
|Plan||Small Single Instance||Medium Single Instance||Small Cluster||Medium Cluster||Big Cluster|
|High availability / Productive operation||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
|Number of nodes||1||1||3||3||3|
|vCPUs per node||2||2||2||2||4|
|RAM per node (GB)||4||8||4||8||16|
- Billing per hour commenced for each commissioned LogMe instance.
- A booked LogMe instance is deemed available when it is accessible at the service transfer point.
- The provisions of the general service description for the STACKIT Cloud apply for the availability of LogMe instances.
- To attain the highest possible availability of LogMe instances (for example for use in productive environments), we expressly recommend the use of clusters (3 nodes).
- When using LogMe with the single instance service plan, there may be (temporary) non-availability periods for LogMe instances, in particular in the case of maintenance work (e.g. due to updates), which is done by STACKIT to the underlying platform as well as to selected service plans. Maintenance work is regarded as an excluded event in the sense of number 2.4 in the service description for STACKIT Cloud and as such is not considered as downtime in the context of availability. We strongly discourage the use of LogMe with Single Instance Service Plans in productive environments.
- Incorrect use of the STACKIT Cloud Portal by the customer with regard to the settings made in self-service and a resulting non-availability of LogMe is not considered with regard to the actual attained availability of LogMe. The customer is advised that incorrect setting and use of LogMe may lead to a loss of the instance and the related data.
- LogMe instances are automatically saved according to a schedule stipulated by STACKIT in line with the general service description for STACKIT Cloud. This schedule cannot be changed by the customer. However customers have the option to create manual backups using the Service Dashboard and to restore automatic and manually created backups.
- The creation of manual backups and the recovery of backups from LogMe instances is the customer’s responsibility.
- In the case of service plans that are marked with “no-ssl”, there is no transport coding with TLS/SSL.