Service Certificate – STACKIT MongoDB
High level service description
The STACKIT MongoDB Service (“MongoDB Service”) provides fully managed instances of document-focused NoSQL database MongoDB. Customers can provision instances of MongoDB Service in different sizes and use them in applications. The instances of MongoDB Service are provided on dedicated virtual machines to ensure isolation and high performance. The customer can choose between Replica Set plans that offer resilient operation with a low level of downtime for use in productive environments and Single Instances which we do not recommend for use in productive environments. The customer can meet increasing demand with Inplace upgrades of larger instances (Service Plans). Automated backups and Lifecycle management from STACKIT guarantee the secure operation of the instances of MongoDB Service and saved data.
- Access to instances of document-focused NoSQL database MongoDB
- On demand commissioning: Simple and rapid provision of new service instances of different sizes
- Service instance isolation: Provision of dedicated virtual machines (Bad Neighborhood Protection)
- Simple capacity upgrades using Service Plan upgrades (restriction: adaptation of single instances on Replica Sets or vice versa not possible)
- Management Dashboard: Self-Service Management access to the database. Makes planning and performance of updates possible among other factors, backups (modification of existing backup plans, recovery of backups), management and monitoring of metrics
- High availability: Option to use Replica Sets for increased resilience and reliability
- Logging and Monitoring: Communication of logging and monitoring information to defined end points
- Backup: Automatic creation and recovery of backups over a period of up to 14 days
|Nano Single Instance
|Small Single Instance
|Nano Replica Set
|Small Replica Set
|Medium Replica Set
|Large Replica Set
|X-Large Replica Set
|XX-Large Replica Set
|High avail-ability / Produ-ctive operation
|vCOUs per node
|RAM (GB) per node
A subsequent downgrade of the service plan initially selected by the customer within the same instance is not possible.
- Billing per hour commenced for each commissioned instance of the MongoDB Service.
- A booked MongoDB Service instance is available when it is accessible at the service transfer point.
- The provisions of the general service description for the STACKIT Cloud apply for the availability of MongoDB Service instances.
- To attain the highest possible availability of MongoDB Service (for example for use in productive environments), we expressly recommend the use of Replica Sets (3 nodes).
- When using MongoDB Service with the single instance service plan, there may be (temporary) non-availability periods for MongoDB Service, in particular in the case of maintenance work (e.g. due to updates), which is done by STACKIT to the underlying platform as well as to selected service plans. Maintenance work is regarded as an excluded event in the sense of number 2.4 in the service description for STACKIT Cloud and as such is not considered as downtime in the context of availability. We strongly discourage the use of MongoDB Service with Single Instance Service Plans in productive environments.
- Incorrect use of the STACKIT Cloud Portal by the customer with regard to the settings made in self-service and a resulting non-availability of MongoDB Service is not considered with regard to the actual attained availability of MongoDB Service. The customer is advised that incorrect setting and use of MongoDB Service may lead to a loss of the instance and the related data.
|– 1-100 GB, 180 minutes – 101 GB-1 TB, 360 minutes – 1,01 TB- 10 TB, 900 minutes
- The MongoDB Service instances are automated as standard and saved according to a schedule stipulated by STACKIT. Customers also have the option to change the schedules, create backups and to restore backups using the STACKIT Cloud Portal in Self-Service.
- Updates of the MongoDB Service are planned automatically. In the case of necessary rescheduling of updates by the customer, the customer is responsible for their rescheduling and the provision of a valid update entry.
- Monitoring of the available memory and the performance KPIs as well as the adaptation of backup plans are the customer’s responsibility.
- The customer may not make public any service information or software analysis with regard to the MongoDB Service . (This includes benchmarking test results, marketing information on MongoDB products or services, product comparisons to customer products, etc.)