Service Certificate – STACKIT OpenSearch
High level service description
The STACKIT OpenSearch Service („OpenSearch”) provides fully managed instances of OpenSearch. OpenSearch is a distributed RESTful search and analytics engine that covers a wide range of document and full-text search-based use cases. OpenSearch makes it possible to search, index, and analyze data of any type and amount. With OpenSearch, customers can provision instances of various sizes and use them in applications. OpenSearch instances are deployed on dedicated virtual machines to ensure isolation and high performance. Customers can choose between replica plans that offer resilient operation with a low level of downtime for use in productive environments and single instances, which we do not recommend for use in productive environments. Customers can meet increasing demand by upgrading to larger instances (service plans). Smoke tests, service guards, and automated backups via Backup Manager ensure the secure operation of OpenSearch as well as the stored data.
- Store, search, index, and analyze data of various natures by leveraging the OpenSearch engine
- On-demand provisioning: Easy and fast provisioning of new service instances of different sizes
- Service Instance Insulation: Deployment on dedicated virtual machines (Bad Neighborhood Protection)
- Easy capacity upgrades via service plan upgrades
- High availability: Possibility of using replicas for increased resilience and fail-safety
- Logging and monitoring: Communication of logging and monitoring information to defined end points
- Backup: Automatic creation and restoration of backups over a period of up to 14 days
Within the framework of the order, the customer has the option to choose from different service configurations. These mainly differ in their performance capabilities or storage capacity.
|Service Plan||High availability||Number of nodes||vCPU per node||RAM (GB) per node||Disk per node|
1 dedicated CPU for highest performance
A subsequent downgrade of the service plan initially selected by the customer is not possible.
- Billing per hour or part thereof per commissioned OpenSearch instance.
- A booked OpenSearch instance is considered available if it can be accessed at the service delivery point.
- The provisions of the STACKIT Cloud general service description apply to the availability of OpenSearch instances.
- To achieve the highest possible availability of OpenSearch instances (for example, for use in production environments), the use of replicas (3 nodes) is highly recommended.
- When using OpenSearch with Single Instance Service Plans, a (temporary) unavailability of OpenSearch instances may occur, especially during maintenance work (e.g. updates), which STACKIT performs on the underlying platform as well as on the selected Service Plans. Maintenance work is considered an excluded event within the meaning of section 2.4 of the STACKIT Cloud service description and is therefore not considered as downtime in the context of availability. The use of OpenSearch with Single Instance Service Plans in production environments is strongly discouraged.
- Incorrect use of the STACKIT Cloud Portal by the customer with regard to the settings made in self-service and a resulting unavailability of OpenSearch will not be taken into account with regard to the actually achieved availability of OpenSearch. The customer is advised that incorrect setting and use of OpenSearch may lead to a loss of the instance and the related data.
- OpenSearch instances are automatically saved according to a schedule stipulated by STACKIT in line with the general service description for STACKIT Cloud. This schedule cannot be changed by the customer. However, customers have the ability to create manual backups through the service dashboard and to restore automatic and manual backups.
- Creating manual backups, as well as restoring backups of OpenSearch instances, is the responsibility of the customer.