STACKIT PostgreSQL Flex
STACKIT PostgreSQL Flex
High level service description
The STACKIT PostgreSQL Flex Service (“PostgreSQL Flex”) provides managed instances of the object-relational database management system (DBMS) PostgreSQL. Customers can provision instances of PostgreSQL Flex in various sizes and use them in applications. In the process, it is possible to choose between a setup as a single or replica instance. Please note that the use of single instances in productive environments is not recommended. Replica instances, however, are intended for the productive workloads. The customer can meet increasing demand through in-place upgrades to larger instances (service plans). Automated backups ensure the recoverability of customer data. The storage space of the instance is not linked to service plans, enabling the customer to have a more precisely tailored database for their application.Kundendaten sicher. Der Speicherplatz der Instanz ist nicht an Service Plans gekoppelt, was dem Kunden das Einrichten einer passgenaueren Datenbank für seine Anwendung ermöglicht.
- Access to instances of the object-relational PostgreSQL database.
- On-Demand Provisioning: Easy and fast provisioning of new service instances of different sizes.
- Management dashboard: Different self-services such like User Management are available.
- Easy capacity upgrades via instance upgrades.
- High availability: Possibility of using clusters for increased resilience and fail-safety.
- Backup: Automatic creation of backups – „Point in Time Recovery“.
- Flexible system setup: Easy to switch from single instances to replicas and vice versa.
- High-performance storage space: Different persistent storage performance classes can be selected. The customer can react to the performance requirements of the application.
- Flexible storage space: The storage space can be adjusted without having to use a higher service plan.
Within the framework of the order, the customer has the option to choose from different service configurations. These mainly differ in their performance capabilities or storage capacity.
- Billing per started hour for each provisioned PostgreSQL Flex instance.
- Storage space and backup costs are displayed and billed separately as part of the STACKIT PostgreSQL Flex Services. Billing per hour or part thereof per gigabyte or part thereof.
- To achieve the highest possible availability of the PostgreSQL Flex Service (for example for use in productive environments), the use of replica sets is strongly recommended.
- When using the PostgreSQL Flex Service as a single instance, the PostgreSQL Flex Service may become (temporarily) unavailable, especially during maintenance work (e.g., through updates) that STACKIT performs on the underlying platform as well as on the selected instance variants. Maintenance work is considered an excluded event within the meaning of section 2.4 of the STACKIT Cloud service description and is therefore not considered as downtime in the context of availability. The use of the PostgreSQL Flex Service as a single instance in productive environments is strongly discouraged.
|Recovery Point Objective (RPO)||4 h|
|Recovery Time Objective (RTO)||4 h|
|Retention Period (RP)||30 days (Default)|
- A RTO of 4 hours applies to storage capacities smaller than 500 GB For storage capacities of 500 GB or more, an extension of the RTO of approx. 1 minute for each additional 10 GB or part thereof can be expected.
- Updates of the PostgreSQL Flex Service are scheduled and performed automatically.
- Monitoring of the available storage space and the performance KPIs and the adaptation of backup plans are the responsibility of the customer.
- The initial disk size can be selected independently of the selected instance variant when ordering the service.
- The specified RAM (GB) refers to the RAM provided by the operating system.
- Restoring backups of PostgreSQL Flex instances is the responsibility of the customer.